soft dessert prunes
green apples, cored and peeled
butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 375F / 190°C.
- Cream together 125g butter and 170g sugar.
- Add well beaten aggs, almonds, self-raising flour, milk, vanilla and baking powder.
- Alternatively, place all these ingredients in a food processor for 10 seconds. Run a spatula around the bowl and process for a further 5 seconds.
- Either way, place the batter into a well greased 23 cm torte tin.
- Stone prunes and coarsely chop and place on batter.
- Mix walnuts with 2T sugar and spoon over the batter.
- Thinly slice apples and place over the top of the walnuts.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cake from the oven by pulling out the rack it is sitting on.
- Quickly sprinkle over the apples 3T sugar, cubed butter and cinnamon.
- Slide the cake back into the oven and bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre of the cake.
- Serve the cake with whipped cream.