1 (16 ounce) cans cherry pie filling or 1 (16 ounce) cans apple pie filling or 1 (16 ounce) cans pumpkin pie filling or 1 (16 ounce) cans
peach pie filling
vanilla ice cream
( your favorite brand)
( for dusting)
vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Open can of pie filling and mince fruit well.
- Place one teaspoon of filling on the center of a wonton wrapper. Place another won ton wrapper on top and seal the edges with water. Don't let any filling spill over or won ton will not seal. Press edges with a fork to ensure a tight seal and to create a decorative edge.
- Deep fry in a fryer till golden brown at 400* about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Place 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream into 4 pretty little bowls and microwave them all at the same time for 20 seconds to soften the ice cream.
- Add 4 won ton fruit crisps on top of each and serve to guests who think you are brilliant.
- If using peach or apple, dust lightly with cinnamon.
- If using pumpkin, dust lightly with nutmeg.
- If using cherry, get out of the way or the sparks from the spoon hitting the bowl will put your eyes out.
- They are good. Really.
- There will be a lot of filling left over from your can, unfortunately. A shame to waste it- but- you can always have cherry, peach, or apple pie filling with cottage cheese for a protein rich breakfast the next day. Or pour the filling over pancakes. The point is -- well there really is no point -- does there always have to be one?