single chicken breasts
2 -3 tablespoons
( at room temp,soft but not melted)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon
( use more if you like)
( lightly beaten)
1 -2 tablespoon
( I use Rice Bran Oil here in New Zealand)
- Pre heat the oven to 180'C/350'F.
- Mix together until well combined the butter, basil and garlic.
- Cut a deep cut along each chicken breast to make a pocket.
- Fill pockets with the butter mixture, pressing in well.
- Carefully dip each breast into the beaten egg and then into the dried breadcrumbs, pressing on well.
- You can now either leave on a flat plate in fridge for 20 mins or longer to set crumbs or cook straight away depending on what time you have.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan over medium high heat and fry the chicken breasts for 2-3 mins each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place in a baking paper lined shallow baking dish and bake in oven for about 10 mins until cooked through.