potatoes, peeled, sliced, rinsed and drained
portabella mushroom caps, sliced into strips
bell pepper, diced
( Vidalia is best)
- Thoroughly rinse potatoes and microwave 4-5 minutes. Drain.
- Sauté portabellas briefly in butter.
- Separately, sauté peppers and onion in olive oil. Add potatoes and rosemary (and ham), and heat through. Remove pan from heat.
- Beat eggs and water thoroughly, until eggs begin to turn a lemony color.
- Butter (or oil) a casserole dish, or individual ovenproof bowls.
- Add sautéed vegetable (and ham) mixture.
- Pour in the egg mixture. Top with sautéed portabellas.
- Bake approximately half an hour at 350 degrees.
- If you are making individual frittatas, they'll cook a little faster. Using a deep casserole dish will take a little longer. The dish is done when it puffs, and the middle doesn't move when slightly shaken. Serve immediately.