yams, peeled and cut into chunks
( about 3 lbs)
very ripe banana
light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Boil yam chunks in salted water until tender (about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your chunks). Drain.
- Place cooked, drained yam chunks in a large bowl. Add banana. Mash together with a potato masher.
- Add 3 tbsp butter and the sour cream. Mash to combine well. Mash in the salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Place mashed mixture into prepared casserole dish. Evenly drizzle with the 1 tbsp melted butter.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 for 20 minutes or until top just begins to slightly brown.