fresh green beans, cut into 3-inch pieces
crushed red pepper flakes
garlic cloves, minced
1 -2 large
- Put beans in a large pot of boiling water and boil 5-7 minutes, drain and then plunge into ice water to stop the cooking.
- Set the beans aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove pepper flakes and add garlic, tomatoes, and seasonings, except the parmesan cheese.
- Now turn heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans to the mixture and heat through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.