( preferably unsalted)
150 g light muscovado sugar or 150 g
light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons
4 tablespoons plain chocolate chips or 4 tablespoons
coarsely chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and flour a 20 x 11 cm (8" x 4") loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder, fold in the batter.
- Mix chopped marzipan and chocolate chips in a bowl; set aside about 4 tablespoons and fold the rest into the cake batter mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, level the top and sprinkle the reserved marzipan and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until risen and firm. Cool in the pan for a few minutes before turning out to a wire rack to cool completely.