boneless skinless chicken breast halves
118.29 ml mirin or 118.29 ml
garlic clove, minced
hot cooked rice
- Mix soy sauce, mirin, gingerroot and garlic in medium glass or plastic bowl. Place chicken in soy mixture, marinate for 15 minutes.
- Drain chicken, reserving soy mixture.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet until hot.
- Cook chicken over medium heat until brown on both sides and done, about 15 minutes.
- Heat water, sugar and reserved soy mixture to boiling in 3-quart saucepan; boil and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in scallions (cut into 1/4 inch pieces green and white parts).
- Cut each chicken breast half into 6 diagonal slices by holding the knife or cleaver at a 45-degree angle to the cutting surface.
- Place 6 slices on rice in soup bowl.
- Spoon hot liquid over chicken.