1 (19 ounce) packages
fudge brownie mix
semisweet chocolate chunk
whipping cream, whipped
cream cheese, softened
white vanilla chip, melted
1 (10 ounce) packages
frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan OR a 12x8 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs.
- Beat approx 50 strokes by hand.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Spread batter in greased pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Stir in melted vanilla chips.
- Fold in 1/3 of whipped cream.
- Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Reserve 1 cup mixture for piped edge.
- Spread remaining mixture over brownie.
- Using cake decorating bag with a star tip, pipe decorative border around edge of brownie, making sure border doesn't touch the edge of the pan.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile in food processor OR blender, process strawberries until smooth.
- Strain to remove seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine 3 Tbsp sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in strawberry puree.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Cool to room temperature.
- About 1 hour before serving, arrange fresh strawberries over filling.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- With a sharp knife, loosen dessert from sides of pan.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve with a drizzle of strawberry sauce over each piece.
- Store in refrigerator.