boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
( about 1 1/2 breasts)
onion, quartered and sliced thin
garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 cups apple juice or 1 1/2 cups
cubed peeled sweet potatoes, 1/2-inch pieces
green beans, fresh or frozen
canned low-sodium tomatoes, drained and chopped
chopped fresh basil
- Begin heating oil in large saucepan or soup pot.
- Dredge chicken in flour and add to hot oil. Cook 3 minutes or just until browned. Remove chicken from the pan.
- Without cleaning the pan, add onions and garlic and cook two minutes until tender. If the pan becomes dry, add some apple juice or cider to the pan.
- If you are using fresh green beans, clean and trim to 1 or 2 inch pieces. Remember to drain the tomatoes.
- Stir in the remaining apple juice, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, basil and chicken. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heatand simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.