( fresh or semi-defrosted, use no more than 1/2 cup or the pancakes will not have a good texture)
- Generously grease a frypan or griddle.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar (if you prefer a really sweet pancake just add in another tablespoon of sugar) together in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together egg, buttermilk, sour cream and melted melted butter until well combined.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients; whisk/mix to combine.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Drop about 1/4 cup (can use more batter if desired) onto hot frypan or griddle, and fry until underside is brown and the edges begin to bubble.
- Turn over pancake with a spatula, and continue baking for a couple of minutes.
- Top with sour cream mixed with brown sugar, or drizzle maple syrup or blueberry syrup over top.