boneless skinless chicken breast
shallots, finely minced or grated
fat free chicken broth, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons
whole grain mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons
canned artichoke hearts, quartered
4 teaspoons fresh tarragon (chopped) or 1 teaspoon
salt and pepper
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound into 3/8 inch thickness. Make them thicker if desired, just be certain the breasts are an even thickness for cooking purposes. Season the chicken with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken until the outside is golden brown in color and the breast is cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Plate the cooked chicken and cover to keep warm. You can also keep it warm in a 200 degree oven.
- In the same pan used to cook the chicken, add the remaining teaspoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of the chicken broth. Cook the shallots until they are translucent but not browned.
- Mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of the chicken broth. Add the remaining broth to the pan with the scallions. Add the constarch & broth mix to the pan and bring the liquid to a boil, stirring while the mix thickens.
- Mix in the two mustards and vinegar making sure they are well incorporated. Stir in the tarragon and artichokes. Let the sauce simmer 3 to 5 minutes until the artichokes are warmed through.
- To plate, spoon sauce over warmed paillards.
- Garnish with additional tarragon if desired.