firm ripe peaches
( fresh or frozen)
- To prepare peaches, bring juice, water and spices to a boil. (Make sure your pot is narrow enough so that the liquid will cover the peaches).
- Drop peaches in liquid and poach for 10 minutes.
- Remove the peaches, cover with cold water and slip off the skins.
- Cut each peach in half and remove the stone.
- Place the peaches in a glass or porcelain bowl. (The poaching liquid can be saved and re-used).
- For the sauce, mix the water and sugar in a saucepan, heat to a low boil and simmer until liquid has reduced by 1/2.
- In a blender, puree 1 cup of raspberres and 1/4 cup sugar syrup.(You can store the remaining syrup in a glass jar in the refrigerator.).
- Stir the remaining berries into the puree.
- Serve the peach halves, round side up, in a pool of raspberry sauce and garnish with whipped cream on the side, if you like.