( preferably canola)
eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups
fresh blueberries, lightly coated with flour
1 1/4 cups
powdered sugar, sifted
- Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the oil, sugar, and eggs, using an electric mixer on medium speed, for about 3 minutes or until light and thick.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into the prepared tube pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 60-70 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 1 hour.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze: In the top of a double boiler, over barely simmering water, combine the sugar, cream, and vanilla.
- Stir mixture for about 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour into a glass measuring cup and cover until ready to use.
- When the cake is completely cooled--drizzle glaze over cake.
- Let glaze set for 1 hour before slicing and serving the cake.