1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon
( , about 6 large)
hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup plain yogurt or 1/4 cup
chopped fresh mint
- In large, heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Cook carrots and onions, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring twice.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
- In blender or food processor, puree mixture until smooth.
- Combine with orange and lemon juices, hot pepper sauce, and salt to taste.
- If serving hot, heat through.
- If serving cold, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days, and season to taste before serving.
- To serve, swirl a little yogurt into each soup bowl and garnish with chopped mint.