( pitted and chopped)
( finely chopped)
( slightly crushed)
( for deep frying)
( to dust)
- Mix the dates, bananas, almonds and cinnamon.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of the fruit mixture in the centre of a won ton wrapper. Brush the edges lightly with water.
- Cover with another won ton wrapper at an angle, so that the wrappers make a star shape.
- Press with your fingers as close to the fruit filling as possible to release any trapped air and to seal the won ton.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients. To make the job quicker have a "production line" of ten or so won tons lined up that you fill, cover and seal.
- Put the filled won tons on a tray lined with baking paper. Make sure they don't touch as they stick to each other.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok until moderately hot. Add the won tons in small batches and fry for 2 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.