dried porcini mushrooms
( about 2/3 cup)
chopped dried rosemary
choppped fresh parsley
salt and pepper
whole wheat pasta
grated parmesan cheese
- Break each mushroom into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Soak them in 1 cup of hot water for at least 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan large enogh to hold the cooked pasta.
- Saute the onions and rosemary in the butter for several minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Mix in the marsala and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Drain the mushrooms through a coffee filter or several paper towels and reserve the liquid.
- Add 1/2 cup of the mushroom water, all of the mushrooms, and the tomato paste to the sauteed onions. Simmer.
- Mix the cream and parsley into the mushroom sauce and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta is el dente, drain and add it to the mushroom sauce in the saucepan.
- Add the cheese and toss everything to coat the pasta evenly.