cubed rye bread
cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
fresh ground black pepper
- At least an hour before cooking, pour the beer into a shallow bowl until it becomes flat.
- Dry the bread cubes on a baking sheet in a 300F oven until they are crisp but not browned, about 15-20 minutes.
- Saute the cauliflower in the butter with the carraway seeds until just barely tender.
- Combine the bread cubes and cauliflower with the grated cheese.
- Spread the mixture into a buttered 2-qt casserole dish.
- Mix the eggs, mustard, coriander, and black pepper in a blender or by hand with the flat beer and pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes until puffed and golden.