leeks, finely sliced
sage, finely chopped
extra virgin olive oil
- Thoroughly clean the asparagus, cutting the tougher edge off.
- Bind them in small bunches and blanch.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, grease a baking pan and place the asparagus with the edges to the center of the pan.
- Finely slice the leek.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, pour the leek in and gently sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the sage, the whipping cream and the Gorgonzola cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Pour the Gorgonzola sauce on the asparagus, dust with a mixture of grated Parmigiano and breadcrumbs and broil under the grill for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.