1 1/2 cups
- Sprinkle gelatine over cold water to soften.
- Heat milk and sugar in a heavy saucepan (or the top of a double boiler).
- Beat the egg yolks and, with the pan off the heat, add to the warmed milk/sugar mix.
- Over a very low heat, stir until the custard begins to thicken.
- Add the softened gelatine and stir until dissolved.
- Cool then stir in rosewater.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the custard mixture.
- Chill for at least four hours.
- Serve with fresh or partially frozen berries and whipped cream.