boneless pork chops, 3/4 inches thick
thinly sliced onion
1 (4 ounce) cans
canned mushroom slices, with liquid
brown gravy mix
3 1/2 cups
- Heat oil in heavy pan over medium heat.
- Add pork chops and brown on both sides.
- Remove pork chops and set aside.
- Add onions to pan and cook until limp.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp flour over onions and stir until flour starts to brown.
- Stir in 2 cups water and the mushrooms with their liquid.
- Heat to boiling and then reduce to simmering.
- Add 1/2 cup water to 1/4 cup brown gravy mix,mix well and add to water in pan, stirring well.
- Add pork chops to pan, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Use the additional water to thin the gravy, if needed.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.