118.29 ml toasted pecans or 118.29 ml
toasted walnuts, finely chopped
16 pecan halves or 16
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- With a food processor, or by hand, cream the butter with the tahini.
- Add the salt and brown sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle in the flour, blending well.
- Mix in the chopped nuts. The dough will be very stiff.
- Lightly butter 2 7-inch pie plates or shallow baking pans.
- Press the dough to evenly cover the bottom and sides of the pie plates so that the thickness is not more than 1/4 inch.
- Press a few whole nuts into the surface to decorate.
- Bake the shortbread for 15 minutes and then check it frequently, every couple of minutes, and remove it from the oven as soon as the edges are golden brown.
- Be careful not to overbake.
- While it's still warm, cut each shortbread into 8 or 10 wedges in the pan; don't wait until it's cool or it will crumble.