1 (20 ounce) cans
pineapple chunks in juice
1 (16 ounce) cans
sweet potatoes, drained and cut into 1/2 inch slices
smoked sausage, sliced
- Drain pineapple, saving juice.
- Add enough water to juice to measure 1 and 1/4 cups. Set aside.
- Place pineapple, sweet potatoes, and sausage in 8x8x2 inch casserole dish.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in saucepan. Gradually add pineapple juice/water, and stir until blended.
- Cook, stirring constantly, on med/low heat until it thickens and comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add butter until melted.
- Pour over sausage mixture in casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 35-40 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve over rice.