1 1/2 cups
lightly packed brown sugar
- Combine dates, water, raisins and lemon juice in 4 cup measure.
- Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave at high 4-6 minutes or until boiling.
- Stir every 2 minutes.
- Dates should be soft.
- Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cool to lukewarm, stirring occasionally.
- Combine first 5 dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press half firmly into 8 inch square microwave baking dish.
- Spread with date filling.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumble mixture, patting down lightly.
- Microwave at medium high for 9 minutes, rotating every 3 minutes, (not necessary if you have a rotating plate) remove from microwave and cover with aluminum foil.
- Let stand covered directly on counter for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into small squares.