finely sliced dried apricot
finely diced red onion
finely diced red pepper
1/4 cup finely diced habanero peppers, with seeds or 1/4 cup
finely diced jalapeno, and scotch bonnet peppers combined
1 (3 ounce) envelopes
bernardin liquid pectin
- Cut apricots into 1/8 inch slices and measure into large stainless steel saucepan with the vinegar; let stand for four hours.
- Cut onions and peppers into 1/8 inch slices; cut slices into a 1/4 inch dice.
- Add to apricots and stir in sugar.
- Bring mixture to a full rolling boil.
- Stirring constantly, boil hard for one minute.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in liquid pectin, mixing well.
- Stir for about 3 minutes to mix solids, but put into jars before it gets too firm.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, dividing solids equally and fill to within 1/4 inch from top of jar.
- Apply snap lids and process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes if you choose.
- Once sealed you can rotate or invert jars while still warm to distribute solids if needed.