onion, extra large, chopped
carrots, coarsley chopped
( can use more)
celery ribs, sliced
minced fresh garlic
( to taste)
( cut into small florets or chopped)
fresh parsley, finely chopped
salt and pepper
( optional but good to use)
1 cup full-fat whole milk or 1 cup
grated parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, saute onions, carrots, celery and garlic in 1/3 cup butter (can use less butter if desired) until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add in cauliflower, broth, parsley, salt, pepper, basil and tarragon (if using).
- Cover and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, or until cauliflower is firm-tender.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add/whisk in milk or half and half cream, whipping cream and the broth/cauliflower mixture; bring to a boil and cook stirring for about 2 minutes,or until thickened.
- Add in Parmesan cheese; mix to combine.
- Remove from heat and add/stir in the sour cream.