ear of corn
plastic wrap, enough to wrap the cob completely
- Remove husk and all corn hair and discard.
- Wrap each corn on the cob in (microwave suitable) plastic wrap to seal completely.
- Microwave on HIGH (full power) for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Turn corn over 1/2 turn and continue to microwave on HIGH (full power) for another 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and let rest for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the plastic wrap, being very careful when you remove the wrap because of the steam.
- Serve with butter and sprinkle with salt if desired.
- If you are microwaving 2 corn on the cob at the same time, Microwave on HIGH (full power) for 3 minutes. Then turn the corn over 1/2 turn and continue to Microwave on HIGH (full power) for another 2 1/2 minutes, then let rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Yellow corn is also very good if it is nice and young and not old kernels unless you prefer old corn.