sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 1/4 cups
( or to taste, I use 1 tsp.)
orange, thinly sliced
- Prepare and butter a shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- Arrange the potato slices overlapping in rows in the baking dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in orange juice until well blended; bring to a boil, and cook stirring constantly for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add in butter, and orange peel, and mix until butter has melted.
- Pour over the sweet potatoes in the baking dish (at this point you can cover and set aside until ready to bake later on).
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake covered for about 45-50 minutes.
- Uncover and baste with sauce, then bake (uncovered) for another 15-20 minutes, or until the potato slices are cooked to desied tenderness (this might take more than 20 minutes).
- When serving, arrange the orange slices around the dish if desired.