1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil or 1 cup use 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce) or 1 (1 1/2 ounce) cans
1 1/2 lbs
beef stew meat
potatoes, medium, cut in half
( 1 1/2 lbs)
onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 (8 ounce) bags
( about 30)
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Rehydrate tomatoes as directed on package, drain and coarsely chop (or use canned undrained).
- Mix tomatoes and remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup water and the flour in a crock pot slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 or 9 hours or until veggies and beef are tender.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup water and the flour and gradually stir into beef mixture.
- Cover and cook in 3.5-4 quart crock pot on high heat setting 10-15 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
- Remove bay leaf.