( peeled and diced)
1 (28 ounce) cans
1 (5 1/2 ounce) cans
( seeded and chopped)
minced fresh garlic cloves
red onion, chopped
( the amount you use is up to you)
- To easily peel tomatoes, cut an X into the top or bottom of the tomato and place in boiling water for a few minutes remove, let cool slightly and remove skin.
- Dice tomatoes, place in food processor add tomato paste, chopped peppers, minced garlic, cilantro, salt, onions, garlic powder and oil. Process until mixed.
- This mixture usually fills my food processor, so I empty this into a bowl; add the can of diced tomatoes and process to chop the tomatoes a little finer. I then put this into first mixture and mix.
- At this point the salsa is ready to serve, but if left to sit in refrigerator for a few hours the salsa will thicken and the flavours will intensify.
- This method produces a fine textured salsa. I you like a chunkier salsa, I sometimes place onions, seeded peppers, cilantro, garlic in the processor whole and process until chopped. I then take the tomatoes and pulse them until I have the texture I like.