1 (0.13 lb) boxes
Certo, pectin crystals
1/4 teaspoon butter or 1/4 teaspoon
- Pit, do not peel ripe apricots. Finely chop or pulse in food processor.
- In a large saucepan stir together prepared fruit and Certo Crystals.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add all the sugar, almond extract, cinnamon and butter.
- Return to a hard boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir and skim any foam to prevent floating fruit. Pour into warm sterilized jars to 1/4 inch from rim. Cover with lids and screw rings on tightly.
- Notes: I process my jam in a boiling water bath, for 5 minutes, to ensure the seals. One year I didn't and had to throw out a lot of jam because the seals failed.
- To sterilize I wash and rinse jars, lids and rings. I put the jars and rings on a cake pan in a 225°F oven before I start. I simmer the lids in water.
- Times are a estimate; it took about 1/2 hour from start to finish.