2 -4 ounces
semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter and lightly flour a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Grate or chop chocolate until you have slivers and small pieces. Set aside.
- In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, sour cream and eggs.
- Beat well, scraping down bowl as necessary.
- Spread half of batter evenly into pan, sprinkle with half grated chocolate and 1/4 t. cinnamon.
- Cover with remaining batter, chocolate and cinnamon.
- Draw knife through batter a few times to swirl chocolate.
- Bake 1 hour (or less, be careful) until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.