1 1/2 lbs
( or margarine or olive oil)
bacon, chopped fine
sliced leek, green and white parts
carrot, cubed small
celery, cubed small
( beef or chicken or vegetable)
( parsley, dill, chives, marjoram)
sour cream, as a garnish
additional veggies that can be put in the soup if you wish
mushrooms or bell peppers or rutabagas or parsnips or turnips or
green onion, The possibilities are endless
- Saute the bacon in the fat until crispy.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the leeks and the garlic and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the carrots and the celery and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the peas and the potatoes.
- Fill up with broth until the veggies are covered.
- Simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Take out 1/3 of the veggies and potatoes and puree.
- Put back into the soup and stir.
- Add the herbs and the franks and heat through.
- Add a spoonfull of sour cream on each plate.