prepared alfredo sauce
1 1/2 cups
angel hair pasta
small curd cottage cheese, well-drained
parmesan cheese, grated
fresh baby spinach
roma tomatoes, 1/2 thick slices lengthwise
mozzarella cheese, shredded
extra parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions to al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat Alfredo sauce over low heat or in the microwave on reduced power.
- Do not overheat!
- Cook or steam spinach to wilt; drain and pat dry.
- Combine drained pasta with Parmesan and egg.
- Press into bottom and up sides of oil-sprayed DEEP DISH 9” pie plate to form crust.
- Spread cottage cheese over crust.
- Spread spinach evenly.
- Spread Alfredo sauce; and place tomato slices over sauce; sprinkle tomatoes with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cover loosely with foil and bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F.; for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, and sprinkle with Mozzarella; bake for about 8 minutes to melt cheese.
- Let set for 10 minutes before slicing into wedges.
- Serve additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.