2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
red cabbage, shredded
( 3 lbs at most)
dry red wine
salt and pepper
- Melt butter with oil in skillet or wok at medium heat.
- Add onion and sautee about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to med-high, add cabbage& ginger.
- Cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce to medium and add wine.
- Boil about 10 minutes or until wine has almost evaporated.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and seasonings and transfer to a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat cabbage in skillet or wok until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Mix in balsamic vinegar and serve.