boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
( I have also used boneless chicken breasts)
panko bread crumbs
( Japanese bread crumbs)
( for frying)
- Pound pork to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Coat with flour, then dip into egg, and finally coat thoroughly with Panko.
- Deep fry in 1 inch vegetable oil, heated to 350º, 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve on bed of shredded cabbage, for presentation.
- Serve with Tonkatsu sauce.
- NOTE: If you can't find Panko, you may use crushed corn flakes.