garlic cloves, finely chopped
smoked bacon, diced
brown button mushrooms, sliced thickly
chicken thighs, bone in
fresh thyme, finely chopped
fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat a stove-top to oven pan (eg Le Creuset) on medium heat. Add 1T of the olive oil.
- Saute the onions & garlic until translucent & just beginning to brown. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining 1T of olive oil, and fry the bacon until light brown and starting to crisp.
- Put the onions & garlic back into the pan, and add the mushrooms. Saute for 1 minute.
- Mix through the thyme.
- Place the chicken in the pan and pour over the cream. Bake in the oven for 80 minutes, turning twice.
- Grind over black pepper to taste & serve.