3 -4 lbs
boneless pork loin roast
stovetop pork stuffing mix
all-purpose flour, for flouring
breadcrumbs, for breading
2 -3 tablespoons
( peeled and diced)
( see note)
- Slice pocket in boneless pork roast.
- Set aside.
- Making enough to fill the pocket in the pork roast, mix the stuffing mix according to directions on box, except use apple cider in place of water, and add one peeled and diced apple.
- Stuff the roast.
- Bread the stuffed roast by carefully rolling in flour, then beaten eggs (which you can thin down with a splash of cider), then in breadcrumbs.
- Melt butter in large pan or dutch oven. Brown roast thoroughly.
- Add apple cider to pan, bringing it 1/2 way up the side of the roast.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover,and steam for about 20-30 minutes.
- When the roast is tender, it is done. Remove roast from pan, and let set while you reduce the juices to about 1/3.
- Mix in sour cream to taste.
- Serve sauce on the side.
- The roast is also excellent cold, and makes a very pretty presentation.
- Notes: The amount of cider varies.
- You can also use apple wine or apple juice if you prefer.