flour, mixed with
salt, more flour if needed
- In large bowl, stir yeast, sugar and warm water.
- Let rest til yeast is dissolved and is a little foamy.
- Stir in 1 cup flour. Then rest of flour mixed with the 1 Tbl salt.
- Knead on lightly floured surface til smooth.
- Place in oiled bowl, rolling around til all oiled. Cover and let rise till doubled in size.
- Remove and knead again just a little bit, gently.
- Cut into 16 pcs., roll each pc.into 14" ropes, shape into pretzels and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Cover and let rise 15 minutes.
- Drop each, one or 2 at a time into a small pot of boiling water, boiling each 1 minute, and replace back onto greased cookie sheet.
- Brush each with eggwash (1 egg beaten with 1 Tbl. water), sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake in preheated 450º oven for 12-15 minutes! This is the best recipe to make real soft pretzels!