of medium-dice ham
of medium dice cheddar cheese
of sliced scallion
- Cut two 10-inch circles of parchment or waxed paper; Use one to line a 10-inch round cake pan; Reserve the second piece.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into a mixing bowl; Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; Add one cup of medium-dice ham, one-half cup of medium dice Cheddar cheese, and one-half cup of sliced scallions to the dry ingredients just before blending in the cream.
- Add the cream to the flour mixture and stir by hand just until the batter is evenly moistened.
- Place the dough into the lined cake pan and press into an even layer; Cover the dough with the second parchment paper circle; Freeze the dough until very firm, at least 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F; Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it lightly with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
- Thaw the dough for 5 minutes at room temperature; turn it out of the cake pan onto a cutting board; Cut the dough into 10 equal wedges and place them on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the scones until golden brown, 30-40 minutes; Cool them on the baking sheet for a few minutes then transfer to cooling racks; Serve the scones warm or at room temperature; Serve baked scones the same day they are made or freeze for up to 4 weeks.