washed baby spinach leaves, well drained
seasoned rice vinegar
- Mix together mayonnaise, rice vinegar and sugar until sugar dissolves. Cover and place in refrigerater until just before serving.
- Remove any excess water from spinach leaves and place in large salad bowl.
- Brown bacon until crisp, remove from pan and drain on paper towels and crumble. Add to spinach.
- Discard all but 1 Tablespoon of bacon drippings. Saute sliced almonds over medium high heat until lightly toasted. Add to spinach.
- Add 1/2 cup craisins (can add more or less to taste).
- About ten minutes before serving remove dressing from refrigerator. Stir or shake well and pour over spinach mixture. Toss well and serve.