1/2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup
1 (8 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
1 (16 ounce)
king's Hawaiian bread
- Preheat oven to 350. Generously coat two 8" round pans with non-stick spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup preserves evenly into each pan. Sprinkle each pan with equal amounts of coconut and nuts. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup powdered sugar with electric mixer until smooth.
- Cut a horizontal slice off the top of bread to even it out. Slice remaining loaf into 4 equal horizontal layers. Trim edges to remove crust and to make all layers the same diameter. Save trimmings for another use.
- Evenly spread half of the cream cheese mixture over one slice of bread. Place in pan, cheese side up. Cover with one slice of bread. Repeat for other pan.
- If bread is higher than the edge of the pan, press down. Cover with foil, bake for 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto service plates. Cool slightly.
- For glaze, mix 1 cup powdered sugar with milk in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over top.