onion, thinly sliced
garlic, thinly sliced
( just for the coloring)
- In a medium pot, fry the onions and the garlic in the oil till golden brown.
- Add the grated carrot and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric, salt, and egg and stir for another minute.
- Stir in the rice.
- Stir the mixture 2-3 minutes until the rice is properly mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour 3 cups of water and stir well.
- Let it cook uncovered until the water boils.
- Lower the heat and cover the pot.
- Let it cook till all the water dissapears from the bottom of pan.
- (till you think the rice is cooked, usually it takes about 15 minutes).
- Serve hot with your favorite curry or as a side dish.