1 1/2 cups
( Milk, Buttermilk or Egg Wash can be substituted)
oil, for frying
- Mix dry ingredients in a resealable bag (Ziplock).
- Rinse pork chops under running water. Toss them into a ziplock bag and shake, to coat well.
- In a cast iron skillet, cook chops in enough oil to come 1/2 way up the side of the chops, for example - 1 inch chops need 1/2 an inch of oil, on medium high heat for approximately 4 minutes each side, until golden brown.
- For the last 30 seconds of cooking the second side, increase heat to high, to “cook the grease out of it” (Grandmommy’s secret for fried chicken).
- Blot on paper towels before serving.