1 1/2 cups
- Melt butter and golden syrup together.
- Warm milk and dissolve the baking soda in it.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa into large bowl of mixer.
- Stir through the sugar.
- Add eggs, butter mixture and milk mixture.
- Beat on medium speed until combined.
- Lastly add vinegar and beat well for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 9" tin which has been greased and bottom lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until cake springs back after touching with finger.
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning onto a rack to cool completely.
- Ice/frost with your favourite chocolate icing/frosting.