1 vidalia onions (about 1 cup) or 1
other sweet onion, coarsely chopped
( about 1 cup)
118.29 ml coarsely chopped spinach or 118.29 ml
part-skim ricotta cheese
freshly grated parmesan cheese
29.58 ml chopped fresh basil or 9.85 ml
1 (8 inch)
prebaked pizza crusts
( such as boboli)
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare grill for medium-hot fire.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, sugar, and 1/4 tsp of the salt.
- Cook, stirring until onion is a rich golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir together the spinach or arugula, ricotta, 2 tbsp of the parmesan, the basil, and the remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl.
- Place the crust on a pizza paddle or rimless baking sheet and spread the spinach mixture over it to cover entirely.
- Top with the onion and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp paremesan.
- Using the paddle or baking sheet, slide the pizza on the grill, away from the heat source.
- Cover and cook, rotating the pizza a half turn every 5 minutes, until the pizza is hot and the cheese is fully melted, about 8 minutes.
- 4 Points per serving (1/4 pizza).