( equal size, med-large)
3 1/2 ounces
packed thyme, rinsed and picked
sea salt, to taste
pepper, fresh ground to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove the 1st layer of skin from the onions. With a knife take off the bottom core end of the onion to give it a flat base.
- Make two cuts in the top in a cross shape cutting 1/2 way through the onion (Do not cut through into quarters!).
- Mush the butter and thyme together, and then push into the gaps of the onions. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook the onions tightly packed in a earthen ware dish on a light bed of sea salt.
- Place in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes.