bacon, very smokey local bacon is better
garlic clove, minced
chicken bouillon cubes
1 (354 ml) cans
evaporated 2% milk
- Fry bacon until crisp, and chop. Drain and use paper towel to soak up excess fat.
- In a large pot, sautee onion and garlic with 2 tbsp bacon drippings.
- Add potatoes, water, bouillon cubes to pot.
- Heat to boiling, then cover and simmer until potatoes are cooked, then add bacon.
- Mix flour with a small amount of evaporated milk, making a paste.
- Gradually stir in remaining milk.
- Add to potato mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Stir often to ensure the soup doesn't burn on the bottom of the pot.