2 1/2 cups
vanilla wafer crumbs
( about 80 wafers)
1 (8 ounce) packages
1 (20 ounce) cans
crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved
1 (16 ounce)
Cool Whip, divided
maraschino cherry, for garnish
chocolate syrup, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and melted margarine and press evenly onto bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake crust in 350 degree oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Stir in 1 cup of Cool Whip.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- Gently spread well-drained pineapple over cream cheese layer.
- Slice bananas and dip in reserved pineapple juice to keep bananas from getting brown.
- Arrange banana slices over pineapple layer.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over bananas.
- Sprinkle walnuts over Cool Whip.
- Garnish with cherries and chocolate syrup as desired.