graham cracker crumbs
salted peanuts, very coarsely chopped
( can leave whole also)
1 (6 ounce) packages
semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet (can use a 13 x 9-inch pan also).
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, baking soda and peanuts; mix well until combined.
- In another bowl, combine corn syrup with melted butter and vanilla; mix well and add to the oat mixture; mix to combine.
- Press into prepared baking sheet/pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes (don't over bake!).
- Melt the chocolate chips with peanut butter in the microwave or double boiler until smooth.
- Spread on warm bars.
- Refrigerate to slightly set the chocolate (this makes for easier and more even slicing).
- Remove from fridge and slice into small bars.